posted Jul 24, 2013, 10:45 AM by Ashley Ringger-SSM
updated Jul 24, 2013, 10:52 AM
We've already learned from Getting More Facebook Likes that pictures are top winners in getting people to engage with your Facebook page. Now I want share how we can take that a step further and get more from the pictures we post.
- Appeal to the broader audience. People on Facebook are like you and me. We've grown up and have experienced a lot of the same situations. Post pictures that play up these experiences and memories to create a sense of nostalgia.
- Be funny. Find a picture related to your product or service that fans can relate to and then caption it with something witty.
- Ask for likes and shares. Invite fans to like or share your post if they agree with you posted. This lets you get informal feedback from fans, but also increase your reach as they engage.
- "Newsjack" current events. If there is a big news item circulating (elections, the weather, sporting events) capitalize on that by putting your product in situations related to the news.
- Give fans a deal. We all like coupons, giveaways and discounts. Let your fans know you are grateful for their business by giving them something in return - and something they will share with their friends.
- Go behind the scenes. Post pictures and stories of staff members and what goes on in the office or warehouse. Fans love getting to know the people behind the brand and develop a more personal connection when they know who's running the business.
- Ask open-ended questions. Get your fans to comment back by asking them a simple question that is loosely related to your brand. Make it fun, not salesman-like.
For more tips, click here.