posted Jun 27, 2013, 11:32 PM by Ashley Ringger-SSM
Many aspiring social media marketing users often say to me, "I just don't get Twitter. What is it supposed to do?" Besides being a great way to network and join in conversation, Twitter is the tool to promote your blog posts and to drive traffic to your website. Here are six ways to get more out of your Twitter experience.
- Post a nice personal photo of you as the profile picture.
- Use hashtags (#) when using keywords in your posts and target audiences interested in these topics.
- Invite a guest blogger to post on your blog.
- Follow those you want to be connected to or can gain from. They often follow back.
- Add your Twitter handle to your email signature to promote your account.
- Ask for the occasional retweet to encourage others to share your tweet.